Iceland Group Trip Details
Dates: October 2-9th, 2018
Come Travel to Iceland with Crazy Travelista!
I am super excited to finally be going back to Iceland and to take a few awesome travelers with me! On my last trip in January, I had the WORST weather and as a result crappy pictures so I am determined to go back and re-do all the awesome places I saw, plus add a few more cool spots!
We will be mostly visiting the South Coast (my favorite area in Iceland) with all the epic waterfalls, as well as the stunning Snæfellsnes Peninsula and Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon. We will also stop to pet some friendly Icelandic horses whenever we see them!
I am also making it my mission to make it to a few of the lesser known natural hot pools in Iceland (I have a few awesome ones marked down!). If time permits, we will do a few easy (ish) hikes as well. We will try to get to some of the more famous sites before the crowds, so there will be a few early mornings!
Also, we will be in Iceland during Northern Lights season! So hopefully they will come out to play during our time there. Most our accommodation will be in a secluded area, so if they come out, we should be able to see them without having to drive anywhere! Yesssss.
UPDATE: We will have an outdoor jacuzzi at one of our accommodations, where we can chill in and wait for the Northern Lights…with some wine!♥
Is This Trip for You?
If you are a fun loving adventurous spirit with a good sense of humor and love meeting new people and experiencing different cultures, this trip is for you! These trip will focus mainly on adventure activities, and photography, so a love for both is a must!
This Trip is NOT for you if:
If you love drama, drugs, or getting black-out wasted every night, this trip is NOT for you. This is for the more mature traveler who doesn’t mind long days of adventures and photo taking. There will definitely be some wine drinking as well, so it’s not going to be all serious, trust me.
This trip is probably not for you if you are a budget traveler. My group trips will mimic my traveler style, which I describe as “ballin on a budget” (I heard it on a rap song and thought it described my style perfectly). This style means not budget, but not super luxury. Basically, I like nice places, but I find awesome deals to make them cheaper. Most the accommodations we stay will be comfortable, cute, and unique.
Where Will We Visit in Iceland?
- Golden Circle
- South Coast + Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls (+ one secret waterfall)
- Vik +Reynisfjara black sand beach
- Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon + boat tour
- natural hot pools all over Iceland
- Fjaðrárgljúfur canyon (where Justin Bieber shot his music video)
- Thingvellir National Park
- Snæfellsnes Peninsula
- Northern Lights chasing (from our balcony hopefully)
- Plus more!
Rough Iceland Itinerary
*things may change slightly but this is roughly how it will go down
- Day 1: Arrive/explore Reykjavik
- Day 2: Golden Circle/Gulfoss waterfall/Thingvellir National Park
- Day 3: South Coast Waterfalls (Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss)+ secret waterfall
- Day 4: Fjaðrárgljúfur canyon + natural hot pools +possible easy hike
- Day 5: Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon & Black Diamond Beach
- Day 6: Drive to Snæfellsnes Peninsula + Kirkjufellsfoss Waterfall
- Day 7: explore Snæfellsnes Peninsula and back to Reykjavik in evening
- Day 8: Depart Iceland/possible Silfra fissure snorkel before departure
- Accommodation in double occupancy (shared room with same sex)
- Transport starting and ending in Reykjavik
- Entrance to national parks and natural hot pools (excluding Blue Lagoon)
- Car rental/gas/car insurance
- Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon boat tour (get up close to the icebergs)
- Farewell pizza and wine dinner at our accommodation
What’s NOT Included:
- Flights to/from Iceland
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Food (except pizza/wine night, see above)
- Optional Activities
- Blue Lagoon (I honestly didn’t care for the Blue Lagoon on my trip but I understand some people just have to do it..in this case, we can make it work for those who want to experience it)
- Snorkelling the Silfra Fissure
Note: depending on how many people want to do the Silfra Fissure, we may not have time to work it in unless the entire group wants to do it. However, if only a few want to do it, it will take place on the last and final day of departure…meaning, you would have to be taking a late afternoon/evening flight (at least 3pm or later) for this to work out. We can discuss this once I get a headcount of how many people want to do this.
Non-refundable deposit: $500
Total Price: $2250
*Discount Price: a few hundred $$ OFF depending on how soon you pay! Hint hint :). Message me on IG or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you bring a friend with you and don’t mind sharing the same bed, you will each get $500 OFF the total price.
*if you’ve been on one of my tours before, you’ll get a nice discount as well, just ask! 🙂
*We will have a kitchen most of the trip so we can slash costs of food by cooking. Eating in Iceland is expensive as shit so you will definitely not want to eat out every meal! By cooking/eating packaged meals from grocery stores, you can get by for 8 days in Iceland from $100-120 total in food costs (and even way less if you don’t mind eating mostly spaghetti/pizza).
You can secure your spot for the trip by signing up HERE!
How To Get To Iceland Cheaply
It’s incredibly cheap to get to Iceland these days on WOW Air. If you can pack light, you can get there for as low as $199 round trip! I flew from Baltimore for $99 each way! So although Iceland is the most expensive place I’ve ever been (along with Switzerland), you can make it up with cheap flights and cooking meals. Also with your tax return you just got! BAM!
I plan on taking 4 people max on this trip, so it’s going to be a really small group. If I get more interest, I may take 6 people, but will then need a volunteer driver! Sign up ASAP as spots are extremely limited!
*Please do NOT book any flights until you receive confirmation from me.
See you in Iceland! ♥